MBF Teen Safety Matters® is a comprehensive, evidence-informed prevention education program for middle school students in grades 6-8.
The program educates and empowers teens and all relevant adults with information and strategies to prevent, recognize, and respond appropriately to bullying, cyberbullying, all types of abuse, relationship abuse, sex trafficking, and digital dangers.
The program was developed WITH schools, not FOR schools, to make the best use of existing resources and ensure schools have effective programs that are easy to implement. Trained facilitators present in classrooms using turnkey scripts along with engaging, interactive PowerPoints that include lecture, group discussion, skills-practice activities, videos, and games.
MBF Teen Safety Matters – Middle School Edition consists of two 55-minute lessons (or four shorter lessons) presented to students in individual classrooms in each grade, 6-8. MBF Teen Safety Matters.
Helps Schools Meet Statute/Policy Requirements
• Helps schools meet many required bullying, child safety, and child abuse prevention requirements
• Aligned with many Common Core Education Standards
• Helps schools meet many required Health Instruction Standards
• Aligned with American School Counselor Association’s Mindsets and Behaviors for Student Success
Program Features and Benefits
• Easy and practical for schools to implement
• Developmentally appropriate for students in grades six through twelve
• Based on Polyvictimization research
• Provides universal strategies to better protect adolescents, including five easy-to-remember Safety
• Educates teens, school staff, and parents
• Provides practice and reinforcement of learned skills
• Created, reviewed, and supported by experts
• Trusted by parents and schools
If you have questions about the Teen Safety Matters program, please contact Priscilla Monarez, at firstname.lastname@example.org.