A 2-hour presentation that gives parents and other concerned community members information for effective child abuse prevention. The presentation describes the different types of child abuse, common signs/symptoms, what to do if abuse is suspected; and provides an overview of the severity of the impact of child abuse and the pervasiveness of this problem.
WHAT ARE THE OUTCOMES?
During the training, you will hear compelling stories from experts and survivors. You will also:
• identify signs of sexual abuse, physical abuse, emotional abuse, and neglect.
• understand your legal obligations as a mandated reporter as defined by your state.
• know the steps for reporting, including essential information to provide.
• understand the value of your role as a mandated reporter and name potential positive outcomes of reporting.
• name the basic skills of handling a child’s disclosure of maltreatment.
WHAT ARE THE DISTINCTIVE FEATURES? Darkness to Light is proud to offer this training, which includes:
• stories from featured survivors, experts, youth serving professionals, and parents.
• a course worksheet designed to help reinforce key concepts and serve as a resource guide on talking to kids about sexual abuse.
For more information regarding dates of availability, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
CHILD ABUSE AND MANDATED REPORTING